Maintaining records in a library can be a daunting task, especially if it is done manually. Many different types of records need to be kept track of, not only books but also magazines, DVDs, and more. Each type of record has extra information that needs to be tracked.
Maintaining all these records by a librarian manually is very challenging. The librarian has to keep track of all the books being checked out, returned, and added to the shelves. It can be especially hard if the library is large and has a lot of patrons. The librarian must also ensure that all the books are in the correct order on the shelves. If even one book is out of place, it can throw off the whole system.
All these cumbersome activities can be handled much better with an excellent library management system.
The Need For Library Management System
Library systems need to be automated when every aspect of the education sector is getting automated. Technology is changing the face of education from administration to teaching for good reasons. The basic purpose of using a library management system is to reduce the amount of human work involved. Automating various library operations makes the entire library process seamless for the student and the librarians.
Let us understand what the advantages of using the Library Management System are.
An efficient college management software may or may not have an integrated Library Management system. But with Edumatica’s college management software, you get ERP, CRM, and LMS, all integrated for better management of all departments of educational institutions.
Here are the benefits of a library management system for the librarians and users/students:
- With a comprehensive library management software, the time librarians take to manually maintain the record of books and conduct other related tasks is greatly reduced. With this, librarians can focus more on managing records more efficiently and less on manual tasks.
- When you choose Edumatica’s library management system, you get end to end AI-powered platform where there is zero chance of any data being deleted due to human error.
- Students can greatly rely on the information available in the library for their studies because of smart libraries. With Edumatica’s library management systems, students can seamlessly access physical and digital libraries. Young minds can access the digital library 24*7, which means learning never stops for young minds.
- Librarians are always expected to have all the information related to books at their fingertips, but that is not possible manually. Yes, with an effective and robust library management system, librarians have access to all the information that makes it easier to answer reader questions. It allows them to check the availability of a book and provide accurate information in no time. Additionally, they can help readers find books by searching the database with keywords. All of it saves the time of the readers and librarians.
- Edumatica’s library management system would transform the traditional into a smart library. Students can rely on the information available in the library for their studies because of smart libraries. They could access these libraries from home or anywhere with their hand-held devices, thus saving time and decreasing the number of users in the library to avoid overcrowding.
- An excellent library management system is a beneficial and cost-effective solution for all educational institutions having libraries. The number of people needed in a library to help and administrate can decrease because data can be automatically extracted, making human input less necessary.
Why Choose Edumatica’s Library Management System?
There is something that makes Edumatica’s Library Management System stand out from its peers: it is built on Koha. Koha is the world’s best open-source library automation software. This feature makes it a great tool for libraries of all sizes.
We suggest that educational institutions must experience seamless library processes with Edumatica’s Library Management System for its two significant benefits:
- A world-class learning experience for the readers.
- Smart and cost-effective choice for educational institutions to automate their libraries for better management.